Industry Body of Craft Cider Producers in Ontario
This is a great recipe for all that left over turkey.
750 g turkey breast, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
30 mL butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 large Yukon gold potatoes cut 1cm dice
250 mL cider
250 ml hard cider
750 mL chicken broth
3 sprigs of fresh thyme (picked)
Freshly ground pepper
2 apples, peeled and diced
60 mL 35% cream
150 g Ontario cheddar cheese
1. In large saucepan, melt butter on medium heat.
2. Add onion, leek and garlic and cook until opaque.
3. Add the fresh cider, hard cider and chicken broth.
4. Bring to a boil and add thyme. Season to taste.
5. Add the diced potatoes and cook simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Add turkey, apples and cream. Cook another 10 minutes and adjust seasoning.
7. Add grated cheddar cheese and allow to melt on top of soup before serving.