A seasonal staple in the cider regions of England during the Holidays and Wassailing. Most mull “cider” using fresh apple juice–but why not try it with a dry to semi-dry fermented cider.
- 2L dry or semi-dry cider
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- 5-6 allspice berries
- zest of 1/2 to 1 orange (to taste, too much can over power your drink)
- Apple Brandy or Calvados to taste. You can also use an Ontario whiskey!
- slices of apple for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer gently for 30 minutes – do not boil.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and ladle into glass mugs. Garnish with apple slices or cinnamon sticks to serve.