Sparkling Cider Jelly
This sparkling cider jelly makes a great stocking stuffer during the holidays!
1 package no sugar needed dry pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups Ontario sparkling cider–Pick your favorite!
- 1 cup sugar or Ontario maple syrup
- several sterilized half-pint mason jars with lids
- some cute festive fabric and cotton batting
- Thoroughly mix pectin and water in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and immediately add cider and sugar.
- Keep mixture just below boiling and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon if necessary.
- Pour quickly into hot sterilized half-pint jars.
- Seal immediately with 1/8-inch hot paraffin or canning lids. Place in fridge until set.
Yield: 3 jars
Prep Time: 30 minutes